Based on the e2v (formerly Atmel / Thompson) TH7899M CCD, our Aurora™ digital cameras feature a large photosite well depth combined with very low dark current, for up to 14-bit linear dynamic range. And, their modular internal design allows us to offer them in a wide variety of custom configurations, and with sophisticated options such as FPGA-based embedded real-time processing.
Standard specifications include:
- 2048 × 2048 (4 MP) resolution.
- 14 μm square pixels; 100% aperture.
- Full-frame or frame-transfer CCD architecture.
- Up to 15 FPS as full resolution; higher rates possible while binning.
- Extremely low dark current.
- Dynamic range over 12,000:1 without active cooling.
- Full-frame readout through 1, 2, or 4 taps.
- 12-bit or 14-bit readout.
- Base, Medium, or Full-configuration Camera Link interface.
- Flexible triggering and external synchronization.
We are also pleased to offer:
- FPGA-based real-time processing of streaming image data.
- Multiple lens mount options including C/CS, Nikon F,Canon EF/FD, and customer-machinable faceplates.
- Thermoelectric cooling for extreme long-exposure capability.
- Multiple frame transfer options (FPA memory regions defined by mechanical shielding).
- Removable image sensor cover glass.
- Image sensors bonded to fiber-optic faceplates, tapers, and scintillators.
Please contact us to discuss your application's requirements, and how we can supply a camera to help you meet them.