Director / Cinematographer Glenn Przyborski (Przyborski Productions, Inc.) has been closely involved in the development and testing of the VAF-5D2, and has been using the filter in the production of TV commercials and other professional works shot with the 5D Mark II. Mr. Przyborski has provided a number of excellent videos showcasing just what this filter can do. Please note that because of Vimeo's incomplete support for 1080p at this time, the Vimeo videos below are configured for browser display at 720p. The full-resolution 1080p source videos, as well as the original unmodified 5D2 camera files, may be downloaded for closer inspection from http://www.przyborski.com/mosaic_downloads.html.
Note that all of the following videos may collectively be viewed at http://vimeopro.com/przyborski/optical-anti-aliasing-for-the-canon-5d-mk2.
- Four Examples of Aliasing (http://www.vimeo.com/26299355) This video illustrates the effectiveness of the VAF-5D2 at mitigating the well-known, severe aliasing artifacts produced by the 5D Mark II when photographing fabrics, architectural patterns, and other subject matter with fine detail. Note that this video has been cropped to 720p, rather than resized from the original 1080p, so that the full 1080p resolution is retained within the cropped field of view. The full-frame 1080p video and the original unmodified 5D2 camera files are available at http://www.przyborski.com/mosaic_downloads.html.
- Zoom Lenses (http://vimeo.com/28039311) This video specifically demonstrates the performance of the popular Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L and 70-200mm f/2.8L IS zooms with the VAF-5D2. Again, the full-frame 1080p video and the original unmodified 5D2 camera files are available at http://www.przyborski.com/mosaic_downloads.html.
- Wide-Angle Lenses (http://www.vimeo.com/26764997) For certain lenses of about 24mm FL and wider, the VAF-5D2 can induce some softening at the outermost edges of the field of view, especially with wide apertures. Nevertheless, and depending of course on scene composition, these lenses often remain usable with the VAF-5D2 in many typical situations. This video was shot with the Canon 24mm f/1.4L and 35mm f/1.4L lenses as a demonstration. Once again the full-frame 1080p video is available at http://www.przyborski.com/mosaic_downloads.html.
- On-Air Commercials (http://vimeo.com/27069461) These two on-air, regional TV commercials were shot using the VAF-5D2, and show what can be achieved with 5D Mark II. Again the full-frame 1080p video is available at http://www.przyborski.com/mosaic_downloads.html. Courtesy Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, Inc.
- Demo; Installation and Removal (http://www.vimeo.com/27331732) This is a short informational video introducing the VAF-5D2, and illustrating its installation into and removal from the Canon 5D Mark II. (Note that this video was not itself shot with the 5D2.)